Dr. Umar Alisha
Dr. Umar Alisha is the Peetadhipathi of Sri Viswa Viznana Vidya Adhyathmika Peetham (Est. 1472 AD) – a 549-year-old spiritual organization founded on the Sufi and Arsha Dharma principles based in Pithapuram, Andhra Pradesh. He is also the founding Chairman of Umar Alisha Rural Development Trust – a non-profit organization dedicated to improving rural communities through services in the sectors of health, education, women and child welfare, spiritual studies, and environmental protection. He is a true pioneer in the fields of both spirituality and social work. In the eyes of many, his extraordinary service to the people of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states to promote communal harmony and social service is unparalleled.
He is the 9th head of the peetham and a spiritual scholar and Guru. Most importantly he is someone who has constantly strived to bring a positive transformation in individuals and several unnoticed communities through spirituality and social service. His innovative programs had a visible and transformative impact on individuals and communities. He introduced THRAYI SADHANA an easy to implement spiritual practice that has helped numerous individuals in their spiritual journey irrespective of religion, caste, creed, sex or nationality. He brought religious leaders of multiple faiths under a common platform to highlight the essence of wisdom from various religions, and thereby promoting communal harmony. He advocated the idea that positive transformation can happen if every individual perceives spiritual and social awareness as two eyes. He has authored numerous books and is also the editor for Spiritual Monthly Magazine (Tatwaznanamu). He established 103 spiritual and social service centers across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states and has conducted over 2,800 congregations across the world in the past 30 years to promote spiritual development.
Through Umar Alisha Rural Development Trust, Dr. Umar Alisha has launched numerous initiatives in the past 20 years that have brought a positive change in many rural areas of Andhra Pradesh. Below are some of the highlights of his contributions. Umar Alisha Akshara Jyothi a program for eradication of illiteracy initiated in 1992 has educated 10,339 people. The environmental movement called Na Mokka, Naa Swaasa (means my plant, my breath) helped plant and grow over 1.5 lakh saplings with tree guard protection. He launched various free homeopathic, allopathic, surgical eye, dental, blood donation, family planning and pulse polio programs/ camps for the benefit of tribals and rural folk. Programs for chikungunya & Swine Flu have been initiated and administered preventive doses to nearly 60 lakh people. More than 5500 tribal women were given free training in various life skills and helped in women empowerment.
Dr.Umar Alisha is a homeopathic physician by profession. He was born on August 2, 1966, at Pithapuram in East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh to Sri Mohiddin Badusha and Smt Zahera Begum. Dr.Umar Alisha graduated from the Government Homeopathic Medical College at Gudivada. His notable awards include Savitri Bai Phule Lifetime Achievement Award (2016); Aatmiya Puraskaram by Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri N Chandrababu Naidu (2016); Visishta Ugadi Puraskaram (2013); Felicitation at 4th World Telugu Congress (2012); Ugadi Puraskaram (2010); Son of India Award (2016); Vamsee International, National Integrity and Service Award (2012) Bharata Sarva Matha Santhi Dutha, National Award (2010) Best Citizen Of India (2010); Bharata Ratnasri (2009); Visesha Puraskaram Award (2006).
- Implementation of the concept of THRAYI SADHANA (Three Spiritual Practices) social service at 103 spiritual and service centers in AP and Telangana States.
- Motivating more than 11 lakh members to participate and follow the philosophy of Peetham.
- Conducting interfaith meetings regularly.
- More than 2,800 spiritual discourses were given at various platforms all over India and abroad.
- Invited as a speaker and chief guest for various festivals of Hindu temples, Churches, and other religious monuments.
- Publication of universally accepted spiritual literature on Sufi and Arsha Dharma in three languages namely English, Telugu, and Hindi.
- Editor of Spiritual monthly Magazine (Tatwaznanam) for the past 26 years.
- Conducting free medical camps in tribal areas and backward areas.
- Implementation of the programs (My plant My breath) for a balanced environment in cities and towns in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- More than 5500 tribal women have been trained in women empowerment courses.
- Plantation of 1.5 lakh saplings with protected tree guards to ensure their survival.
- Umar Alisha’s literary programs transformed 10,339 illiterates through adult literacy programs.
- Establishment of self-help groups for rural areas for self-styled economic development.
- Numerous charity activities are undertaken to help the needy, distribution of relief supplies during major natural calamities, providing water kiosks, etc.
- 2020 National Ganganadi Pushkara Puraskar Award from Jeevanadi Foundation Hyderabad
- 2018 Biodiversity Conserver Award from Government of Andhra Pradesh
- 2017 Green Award 1st Prize for NGO Category from AP Greening and Beautification Corporation, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- 2017 Rotary Vocational Excellence Award for outstanding service to the community from Rotary Club Kakinada
- 2016 Savitri Bai Phule Lifetime Achievement Award from Savitri Bai Phule charitable trust, Visakhapatnam
- 2016 Aatmiya Puraskaram from Honorable Chief Minister Sri N Chandrababu Naidu during Kakinada Beach Festival
- 2015 Visistha Seva Puraskaram on the occasion of National Consumers Protection Day at Pithapuram
- 2015 Visistha Seva Puraskaram on the occasion of World NGOs Day at JNTU Kakinada from Government of Andhra Pradesh
- 2013 Aatmiya Puraskaram from Honble Chief Minister Sri N Chandra Babu Naidu during Kakinada Beach Festival
- 2013 Felicitation for relentless services rendered in the field of Social Service on the occasion of 33rd Foundation Day of GITAM University
- 2013 Visistha Ugadi Puraskaram from Government of Andhra Pradesh
- 2012 Visistha Ugadi Puraskaram from Government of Andhrar Pradesh
- 2012 Ugadi Puraskaram from Visakha Samacharam
- 2012 Felicitation at 4th World Telugu Congress Tirupathi
- 2012 Kinnera Vikrutinama Ugadi Puraskaram from Kinnera Art Theatres and Kinnera Cultural and Education Trust Hyderabad
- 2010 Ugadi Puraskaram from Visakha Samacharam
- 2010 Vikruti Nama Ugadi Puraskaram from Kinnera Art Theatres and Kinnera Cultural and Education Trust Hyderabad
- 2007 Certificate of Commendation from Collector and District Magistrate of East Godavari District on eve of Republic Day
- 2005 Certificate of Commendation from Collector and District Magistrate of East Godavari District on eve of Republic Day
- 2019 Pratibha Bharathi Puraskar from Delhi Telugu Academy
- 2018 Vishwa Ratna International from Mother India International
- 2017 Mother Teresa Lifetime Achievement Award for his services to the society from Mother India International
- 2016 Dr. Umar Alisha was entered into Wonder Book of Records and International Genius Book of Records
- 2016 Jatiya Samaikyata Seva Puraskaram (National Integrity and service Award) from Vamsee International
- 2016 Dr. Umar Alisha was entered into Telugu Book of Records
- 2012 Bharata Sarva Matha Santhi Dutha, National Award, from Mother India International
- 2010 Best Citizen Of India from International Publishing House, New Delhi
- 2010 Chikitsak Ratan Award from Global Society for Health and Educational Growth, New Delhi
- 2009 Bharata Ratnasri National Award from Mother India International
- 2007 Son of India Award from Mother India International
- 2006 Visesha Puraskaram Award from Dr. Ramineni Foundation, USA
Contribution to the Field:
His primary field of contribution is in the area of spiritual and social service platforms.
- He introduced THRAYI SADHANA (Three forms of spiritual practice) and social service as a means to achieve fulfillment with human life. The THRAYI SADHANA includes a daily 30-minute program that includes (a) Chanting Mantra (Mystical Syllables), (b) Jnana Yoga (Acquiring spiritual knowledge) and (c) Dhyana (Meditation of the mind). The practice was developed based on Sufi and Arsha Dharma principles. This practice is easy, completely free, and transcends religious boundaries. People from all walks of life have been able to attain this training and obtained spiritual fulfillment through this program. More than eleven lakh people are practicing this program have benefited by reducing stress and getting a better happy living index. This program has the potential to be implemented in any organization, community, or religion, irrespective of caste, creed, race, religion, sex, or nationality.
- He introduced specific programs for pregnant women (Tatwika Rasayan) who need a healthy and peaceful mind as they nurture their baby in the womb, children between 8 to 11 years Tatwika BalaVikas to gain spiritual knowledge.
- His teachings inculcate the qualities of kindness, love, thereby developing humanitarian values finally to reach divinity.
Contribution to the Society:
The breadth and depth of Dr. Umar Alisha’s contribution to the development of rural communities are unparalleled in terms of the impact his initiatives have had on people and their livelihood. During the past 32 years, he has launched several programs for the upliftment of communities that originally had little access to education, health, and sanitary and environmental awareness.
- His various environmental activities such as tree plantation drives and initiatives contributed to the clean and green healthy environment in the country
- He inculcated the concept of social service motive in the youth and as a result, they took part in various programs related to health, education, environmental awareness.
- Helped numerous individuals to let go of their habits and evils in the society through strong intellectual and spiritual development
- Counseled numerous family members to promote peace among family members and others in the society
- He aided many during the coronavirus pandemic, providing both essential supplies and emotional aid.
All these activities were posted in the website at http://www.uardt.org/coronavirus/
- Distributed homeopathy medicine to 15.8 lakh people at 353 events since January 30, 2020, to boost immunity for individuals
- Distributed 15,435 masks to various essential workers at 35 locations
- Distribution of meals to 12,260 people at 32 locations
- Distribution of essential supplies to 6000 people at 29 locations
- Conducted numerous awareness camps across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
- Donations to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana CM, and PM Relief Fund (1 Lakh each)